Indictments have just been handed down by the feds which refute the White House’s claims that their policies would not lead to criminals being allowed entry into the country.
Joe Biden’s botched withdrawal from Afghanistan led to a humanitarian crisis in the now-Taliban-controlled country, as U.S. troops were ordered to pull out in the middle of the night, leaving behind weapons, equipment, American citizens, and Afghan allies. Afterwards, instead of saving American citizens and Afghan allies, the Biden administration started packing planes full of so-called Afghan refugees and flying them into the United States.
Republicans immediately voiced their concerns over the Biden administration’s actions, asserting that the federal government was not performing adequate screening and/or background checks for these so-called refugees.
The White House was immediately offended at the suggestion that they weren’t following proper procedures.
“I can absolutely assure you that no one is coming into the United States of America who has not been through a thorough screening and background check process,” White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki said during a daily press briefing on September 1st. “There are many individuals who have not gone through that process and they have gone to lily pad countries as that process has been completed. It doesn’t mean there is a flag, it means they haven’t completed their paperwork.”
Of course, Psaki was lying, as an article from the New York Post provided proof that at least two criminals slipped through the cracks.
A tweet from the news outlet shows pictures of two Afghan refugees who had been indicted by the feds on child sex and spousal assault charges.
— New York Post (@nypost) September 23, 2021
One of the men, Bahrullah Noori, 20, has been charged with one count of attempting to engage in a sex act with a minor by force, and three counts of engaging in a sex act with a minor, with one of those three counts alleging the use of force. Investigators have confirmed that both of Noori’s victims were under the age of 16.
According to reporting from the New York Post, “The indictment specifically alleges that Noori touched the genitalia of one of his victims on three separate occasions while at Fort McCoy, an Army installation located approximately 100 miles northwest of Madison. One of the alleged assaults occurred in a barrack, while the other two took place in a bathroom.”
The second set of indictments were for Mohammad Haroon Imaad, 32, who is being charged for assaulting his wife by strangling and suffocating her. According to the complaint, Imaad’s wife told soldiers through an interpreter that he had also hit their children on “multiple occasions” and that he “beat me many times in Afghanistan to the point I lost vision in both eyes.”
In another interview, Imaad’s wife also stated that her husband had raped her, and abused her verbally and physically. She added that he had threatened to “send her back to Afghanistan where the Taliban could deal with her” and also told her “that nine women have been killed since getting to Fort McCoy and that she would be the tenth.”