Buckingham Palace will investigate after the former communications secretary to Britain’s Prince Harry and his wife, Meghan Markle, the Duchess of Sussex, filed an official complaint that accused the duchess of bullying.
Meghan Markle is destroying Prince Harry’s life
According to The Associated Press, the palace released a statement Wednesday saying it was “very concerned” about the claims detailed Tuesday in the Times of London. The newspaper reported that the aide, Jason Knauf, alleged in October 2018 that Meghan, formerly known as Meghan Markle, “humiliated” employees and “drove two personal assistants out of the household.” Knauf is currently on Prince William’s staff, the AP reported. The palace said human resources workers will investigate the allegations, the AP reported.
“The Royal Household has had a Dignity at Work policy in place for a number of years and does not and will not tolerate bullying or harassment in the workplace,” the statement read, according to the news agency.
A spokesman for Meghan, 39, said the duchess is “saddened by this latest attack on her character,” adding that the former “Suits” star “has been the target of bullying herself and is deeply committed to supporting those who have experienced pain and trauma,” the AP reported.
Trump had some words for Prince Harry on dealing with Meghan Markle. pic.twitter.com/vb9cpnNrNM
— Ian Miles Cheong (@stillgray) March 8, 2021
He traded royal life for a woman
The news comes days before Oprah Winfrey’s interview with Harry, 36, and Meghan is set to air Sunday night on CBS. Last week, Harry also appeared in a pre-recorded segment on James Corden’s “The Late, Late Show,” in which the prince opened up about his decision to relocate to California with Meghan and their son, Archie, to protect them from the British press and preserve his own mental health.
“It was never walking away; it was stepping back rather than stepping down,” Harry told Corden aboard a double-decker bus during a tour of Los Angeles. “You know, it was a really difficult environment, as I think a lot of people saw. We all know what the British press can be like, and it was destroying my mental health. I was like, this is toxic. So I did what any husband and what any father would do. It’s like, I need to get my family out of here. But we never walked away, and as far as I’m concerned, whatever decisions are made on that side, I will never walk away. I will always be contributing. My life is public service, so wherever I am in the world, it’s going to be the same thing.”
Last month, Buckingham Palace announced that Harry and Meghan, who are expecting their second child this spring, “will not be returning as working members of the royal family.”
— Daily Mail Online (@MailOnline) March 8, 2021